Sunday, May 16, 2010

24 hours!

So here I am on the blogging scene (finally). As you can see in the description above, I started this blog to share my stories while traveling in Southeast Asia. I'm leaving for Thailand, Vietnam, and Singapore in a little over 24 hours from now. I am extremely excited to see firsthand what I've been studying all semester. It should be an amazing experience.

I am heading out there with a few friends from school to Study at Thammasat University in Bangkok. We'll be traveling for about a month prior to the start of the summer session. After hanging out in Bangkok for about two weeks, we are heading over to Vietnam starting with Hanoi and making our way down to Ho Chi Minh City. We will then be hopping over to Singapore for a few more days before heading back to Bangkok for the start of the summer session.

Of course I am excited to be going on this adventure but I can't say that I am not sad. I have to leave behind my amazing girlfriend who has been my rock for over three years now. It's hard to leave behind the ones you love! I'll miss her dearly but I'll be back before she knows it.

On to my other loved ones. I never considered myself a cat person, but I am going to miss my two little rugcats. They have a way of making you forget about all the day's shenanigans. It's going to be tough not having them to greet me every night.

Anyhow, I hope to share with you my fun stories from the land of many smiles. The next time you read this I'll be trying to cope with the extreme heat and humidity while soaked in my own sweat!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be your first comment. The rugcats and I will miss you lots! Blog on :)

    ReplyDelete